Bridge Builders Social Skills Groups
Now enrolling for Spring 2021!
Bridge Builders is a small group program designed for 3- to 5-year old children looking to gain the necessary social skills to be successful at school. In order to best tailor the curriculum to the unique developmental needs of the children in the group, we now offer Bridge Builders at two levels: Bridge Builders 1 and Bridge Builders 2.
In both groups, our daily schedule includes direct teaching, structured games, and facilitated play in semi-structured group time in the classroom and on the playground. Skills developed include social thinking concepts, sharing, turn-taking, social conversation with peers, and coordinated joint play. Intervention techniques utilized will be consistent with the SCERTS model (Prizant, Wetherby, Rubin, & Laurent), the Early CLASS (Facilitating Early Social Communication) developmental theory and techniques, social narratives, comic strip conversations, and elements of Social Thinking (Michelle Garcia Winner) as appropriate to the individual children in the group.
“Right fit” children for this group may have the following characteristics:
- Highly verbal (little to no language delay)
- Challenges in social conversation with peers
- Challenges in joint play
- Challenges in classroom skills
- Sensory processing difficulties
Spring 2021 class offerings include:
- Bridge Builders 1: Serving preschool children (3-4 years old)
- Wednesday afternoons from 2:30 – 4 pm
- Friday mornings from 9:30 – 11 am
- Bridge Builders 2: Serving pre-k/primer and kindergarten students (4-5 years old)
- For new SCC students, please join us on Wednesdays from 4-5:30 pm
- For returning students, please join us for one or both of the below:
- Tuesday afternoons from 2:30 – 3:30 pm
- Thursday afternoons from 2:30 – 3:30 pm