Who We Can Help
The Social Communication Connection – Who We Can Help
The Social Communication Connection specializes in service to young children (ages 18 months – 6 years) with challenges in speech-language, social communication, joint play, feeding, and/or behavior, and their families. Diagnoses may include: speech-language delay, sensory processing disorder, social communication disorder, autism spectrum disorder, attention deficit disorder, anxiety, and social skills deficits. We take a team approach to serving your family and love coordinating services between therapists, teachers, and family members.
Our focuses are:
- accurate diagnoses of speech-language disorder. We offer in-depth speech-language evaluations to give you detailed information about your child’s strengths and weaknesses, and strategies that will facilitate his/her success;
- accurate diagnoses of early developmental disorders, including autism spectrum disorder. Through partnerships with licensed clinical psychologists, we are able to offer interdisciplinary evaluations including speech-language, cognitive, educational, adaptive, behavioral, and social-emotional functioning.
- therapy program planning: understanding your child, aiding in therapy and educational decisions, guiding the family to build a program that is not only individualized to the child, but individualized to the family as a whole;
- family and community education: understanding your child, his/her diagnoses (if applicable), and service options;
- individual and small group social communication classes tailored to your child’s specific needs; services may be delivered in home, at school, at our clinic, or in one of our classrooms;
- social skills groups for highly verbal children who continue to need support to be socially successful.
If you are lost, the Social Communication Connection is here to guide you.