Building Blocks is a small group program designed for 3- to 5-year old children with difficulties in language, sensory/emotional regulation, and/or social communication development. Our daily schedule includes typical preschool activities such as circle time, center time, snack, art/sensory play, table time (structured activities), and outdoor play on the playground. Skills developed during activities include developmentally appropriate speech and language targets, participation in group activities, and the building blocks to emerging social conversation. Intervention techniques utilized are consistent with naturalistic behavioral theory, developmental theory, the SCERTS model (Prizant, Wetherby, Rubin, & Laurent), the Early CLASS (Facilitating Early Social Communication) developmental theory and techniques, and elements of Social Thinking (Michelle Garcia Winner) as appropriate to the individual children in the group.
“Right fit” children for this group may have the following characteristics:
- Challenges in social communication skills, including conversation
- Challenges in play skills
- Challenges in classroom skills
- Delayed speech/language development
- Sensory processing difficulties
We are thrilled to offer:
- Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 8:30-11 am at Highland Park Presbyterian Day School
- Friday mornings from 9-11:30 am at Highland Park Presbyterian Day School
For more information and to register, contact us at email@example.com, or (214)457-0588.
Click here to download the flyer!