Now enrolling for Fall 2018!!!
Building Blocks is a small group program designed for 3- to 5-year old children with difficulties in language, sensory/emotional regulation, and/or social communication development. Our daily schedule includes typical preschool activities such as circle time, center time, snack, art/sensory play, table time (structured activities), and outdoor play on the playground. Skills developed during activities include developmentally appropriate speech and language targets, participation in group activities, and the building blocks to emerging social conversation. Intervention techniques utilized are consistent with naturalistic behavioral theory, developmental theory, the SCERTS model (Prizant, Wetherby, Rubin, & Laurent), the Early CLASS (Facilitating Early Social Communication) developmental theory and techniques, and elements of Social Thinking (Michelle Garcia Winner) as appropriate to the individual children in the group.
Each class will be led by a certified speech-language pathologist, and will be assisted by a speech-language pathology assistant and/or graduate students in speech-language pathology.
“Right fit” children for this group may have the following characteristics:
- Delayed speech/language development
- Challenges in social communication skills, including conversation
- Challenges in play skills
- Challenges in classroom skills
- Sensory processing difficulties
For Fall 2018 semester, we are proud to offer:
Building Blocks 1: 3-4 year olds
- Friday mornings from 9-11:30 at Highland Park Presbyterian Day School
Building Blocks 2: 4-5 year olds
- Monday-Wednesday afternoons from 1-3:30 pm at Highland Park Presbyterian Day School
- Friday mornings from 9-11:30 AM at Highland Park Presbyterian Day School
Our Fall Semester runs August 28 – December 13. There will be no classes the week of Thanksgiving.
For more information and to register, contact us at email@example.com, or (214)457-0588.
To download our flyer, click here .