Bridge Builders Social Skills Groups
Our Spring 2020 Groups are currently full. Please check out our Summer 2020 offerings! For information about Fall 2020 programming, please check back in May.
Bridge Builders is a small group program designed for 3- to 6-year old children looking to gain the necessary social skills to be successful at school. In order to best tailor the curriculum to the unique developmental needs of the children in the group, we now offer Bridge Builders at two levels: Bridge Builders 1 and Bridge Builders 2.
In both groups, our daily schedule includes direct teaching, structured games, and facilitated play in semi-structured group time in the classroom and on the playground. Skills developed include social thinking concepts, sharing, turn-taking, social conversation with peers, and coordinated joint play. Intervention techniques utilized will be consistent with the SCERTS model (Prizant, Wetherby, Rubin, & Laurent), the Early CLASS (Facilitating Early Social Communication) developmental theory and techniques, social narratives, comic strip conversations, and elements of Social Thinking (Michelle Garcia Winner) as appropriate to the individual children in the group.
“Right fit” children for this group may have the following characteristics:
- Highly verbal (little to no language delay)
- Challenges in social conversation with peers
- Challenges in joint play
- Challenges in classroom skills
- Sensory processing difficulties
Spring class offerings include:
- Bridge Builders 1: Serving preschool children (3-4 years old)
- Tuesdays from 1:30-3 pm, at The Day School at Highland Park Presbyterian Church
- Thursdays from 1:30-3 pm, at the SCC Clinic (4600 Greenville Ave, Suite 160, Dallas, TX 75206)
- Bridge Builders 2: Serving pre-k/primer and kindergarten students (5 – 6 years old)
- For new SCC students, please join us on Wednesdays from 4-5:30 pm at the SCC Clinic.
- For returning students, please join us for one or both of the below:
- Tuesdays from 3:30-5 pm, at The Day School at Highland Park Presbyterian Church
- Thursdays from 3:30-5 pm, at the SCC Clinic